Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Removing the left-hand navigation in SharePoint 2010

How to Hide or Remove the Quick Launch in SharePoint 2010

Trying to customize SharePoint master page and having so much of problem hide or remove the left navigation in SharePoint 2010.  I searched in Google for solutions but it didn’t work well for me.
When I tried to hide the left navigation in SharePoint 2010 from the solutions I got, I was getting a blank space in left side.
Empty Space While hiding Left Navigation in SharePoint 2010
Empty Space While Hidding Left Navigation in SharePoint 2010
Empty Space while editing the master page
hide_the_quick_launch_in_sharepoint_2010_empty_space
 
Many of the solutions also speaks about adding the code Content Editor but that also gave me a blank space in the left hand side.  After long struggle, I made it work by using the code from 
http://chrisstahl.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/hide-the-quick-launch-in-sharepoint-2010/
 
 

How to Hide or Remove the Quick Launch in SharePoint 2010 working Solutions for me:

<style type="text/css">
/*–Hide Quick Launch –*/ 
#s4-leftpanel{ 
display:none 

.s4-ca{ 
margin-left:0px 

</style>


Copy above code and past it in your master page on above </head> to

hide Hide or Remove the Quick Launch in SharePoint 2010

hide_the_quick_launch_in_sharepoint_2010_solutions

Hide or Remove the left navigation in SharePoint 2010
Removed the empty space and by hiding the left navigation in SharePoint 2010

No Empty space anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment